Keeping my feet on the ground, but reaching for the stars...again

I used to have a pen pal when I was twelve. Actually I had TWO pen pals when I was 12; I made reference to one when I was writing a letter to the other (as in, "I got a letter from Ann, my other pen pal, last week...") and the one to whom I was writing a letter was furious that I would have another pen pal besides her. It was rough. She wrote me a nasty note about two timing her and I took it very personally.

But I digress. My point is that as much as I loved having pen pals (and I did love it, as is evidenced by the fact that I had more than one), I seem to remember almost every one of my letters beginning something like, "I'm sorry it's been so long since I wrote..." That's what I feel like I should do here with this post, since I haven't written since August. I am sorry because writing clears my head, and I'm always sorry when I don't do it more, and it's just another thing for me to add to my Guilt List when I tell myself I'm going to do it and I don't. I do have valid reasons for not writing, of course (I work 40 hours a week, I have two small kids, I'm trying to be a wife, etc.). But the truth is that I could be doing it, and I'm just not. More on that in days to come, I'm sure.

But I digress again.

Here I am. Today.

In more positive news, LOOK AT THIS!

I am selling some headbands there this holiday. They've been on display since the store opened at the end of November. Truth be told, I wish they were selling in a more wildly successful way, but I'll take what I can get right now. It's a start. And I need that right now.

I used to listen to Kasey Kasem's American Top 40 EVERY Sunday when I was growing up. His sign off was, "Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars." That's what I'm doing. I'm not quitting my day job (yet). I'm not doing anything radical or rash. But I am reaching for the stars. And to keep the metaphor going, it feels good to stretch.

Comments

Popular Posts