Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief

I am part of Artist Aid on Etsy. It's a group of artists who have banded together to offer goods for sale, with the proceeds to benefit different organizations helping Japan. I have one of my dresses up for sale

It's $38, and I'll give all of that to the Red Cross.

I keep watching the news and reading the updates. Part of me thinks, "What is my $38 going to do? How is that possibly going to help a woman who has lost her children and her husband, or the man who doesn't know if his kids are lying in the rubble of their school?" I don't know how it can. I don't know how the money will be used. But it's what I can do, from here, right now. If I can do more, I will. But for now, this is giving me the feeling that I'm not doing absolutely nothing but refreshing CNN.com every 10 minutes.

You can search almost any key word associated with the disaster - Japan, Artist Aid, tsunami, relief, earthquake - to find items for sale on Etsy to help Japan. If you can do a little bit, please consider it.

Comments

Popular Posts