28 Days Project, Day 2: Simple Mending

Not everything in The Box is a big project. Case in point, the weird little kids' meal stuffed toy guy here:


The story behind the project: Joseph asked me to fix this hole a couple days ago. This little guy is probably the newest addition to The Box, as he's only been there that long.

The materials: You're looking at it.

The process: Mend a hole in the back leg. This, ironically, is the only kind of sewing I ever remember my gramma doing. In fact, I don't have any memories of her actually holding a needle and thread. But I do know that she didn't have a sewing machine, so she didn't make clothes or quilt or anything at all. Mending must have been the extent of it. And I don't remember ever wearing clothes with holes in them or with missing buttons, so she must have done that.

The outcome: This is about as simple as it gets. I'm sure the little guy will end up buried in Joseph's room, under all of the other stuff that accumulates in there. But at least I got it DONE, and I even received a "thank you" from Joseph, so win-win.

The cost: It was a prize in the Burger King kids' meal. So besides the twinge of Mom Guilt I suffered as the result of giving my kids sodium and fat for dinner (and I don't even remember when we went there - maybe Kevin took them one day?), it was free.


Comments

Popular Posts