Even so, I could not pass up a Land's End dress for 50 cents. Fifty cents, I say! When I got it home, I noticed two faint stains on the front, which were easily covered by the flowers I crocheted on the spot, using a pattern from Tip Top Applesauce (her patterns are adorable and turn out every single time. Can't beat that. I own several of them).
The story behind the project: Thrift-store dress, too cute to pass up, has a couple of stains on it. We can fix that!
The materials: 100% cotton Land's End dress, 100% cotton Sugar 'n Cream yarn, button, thread.
The process: Crocheted three flowers, using the pattern from Tip Top Applesauce (one three-layer flower for the bottom, two single small ones for the top).
The cost: 50 cents for the dress, leftover yarn.
I want to get in a couple of smaller projects today, if time permits. We're all getting ready for the Return to School tomorrow, so we'll see how we do with the time. Plus, Kate wants me to teach her how to mend. Power to the women!